Crazy Lamp Lady is an inspirational eBay seller and YouTube influencer who has turned her passion for Thrifting into a full-time business. With over 300,000 subscribers on YouTube and 59,000 followers on eBay, she demonstrates how to source valuable items from thrift stores and yard sales and then resell them for profit on online platforms.
Crazy Lamp Lady’s unique story, analyzing how she built her business from the ground up. We’ll provide tips on how you can follow in her footsteps, whether as a hobby or a side hustle. From sourcing inventory to selling on eBay, we cover everything you need to launch your own successful thrifting business.
How Crazy Lamp Lady Got Started
Crazy Lamp Lady, first got into Thrifting and reselling back in when she stumbled upon a rare antique lamp at a yard sale. She knew enough about collectables to recognize it was valuable, so she purchased them for only $5.
After doing some research, she discovered her hunch was right – similar lamps were selling for over $2000 on eBay! She decided to take a chance and list it herself. Within a few days, the lamp sold for $1500, netting her a $1495 profit.
This yard sale sparked Crazy Lamp Lady’s passion for Thrifting. She realized there was huge potential to find valuable items that were underpriced. She started frequenting thrift stores, garage sales, estate sales, and auctions, building up her inventory.
Crazy Lamp Lady launched her YouTube channel and eBay store. She wanted to share her thrifting adventures and reselling tips with others. Her energetic personality and thrifting haul videos quickly gained popularity. Fast forward to today, and her empire has grown significantly!
What Crazy Lamp Lady Sells on eBay
Crazy Lamp Lady sells a diverse range of products on eBay. She specializes in antiques and collectables, with a focus on vintage lighting, glassware, figurines, and pottery. Some of her top-selling categories include:
- Vintage Lamps: Table lamps, floor lamps, pendant lights, sconces, chandeliers
- Glassware: Carnival glass, pressed glass, cut glass, art glass, crystal
- Pottery: Hull, Roseville, McCoy, Weller, Rookwood
- Figurines: Hummel, Lladro, Goebel, Royal Doulton
- Sterling Silver: Flatware, tea sets, trays, jewellery
Crazy Lamp Lady sources high-quality items in good condition. She researches to price items fairly based on their rarity, brand, age, condition, and eBay-sold listings. Her prices range from $20 for common pieces up to $2000+ for rare antiques.
She takes great pride in how she packages her fragile items for safe shipping. Each item includes her signature “Crazy Lamp Lady” sticker. She also provides fast shipping and great customer service. This helps her maintain a positive seller rating of 99.8%.
Examples of Popular Items Sold by Crazy Lamp Lady
|Carnival Glass Bowl
|Vintage Cookie Jar
|Sterling Silver Flatware Set
|Goebel Hummel Figurine
How Crazy Lamp Lady Sources Inventory
Sourcing quality inventory is critical to Crazy Lamp Lady’s business success. She utilizes both online and brick-and-mortar strategies to find treasures:
- Thrift Stores: Shop Goodwill, Salvation Army, Savers, St. Vincent de Paul. She searches for valuables mixed in with common items.
- Garage & Yard Sales: Scour listings on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace to find sales with antiques and collectables.
- Estate Sales: Uses sites like EstateSales.net to find upcoming sales being liquidated. Gets early access to the best items.
- Auctions: Bids on antiques and oddities at live local auctions. He also frequents online auctions like eBay and shopgoodwill.com.
- Antique Stores: Builds relationships with owners to get first dibs on newly acquired merchandise. Negotiates fair wholesale prices.
- Flea Markets & Swap Meets: Arrives early to scout for deals. Check out vendors specializing in antiques, glassware, etc.
Crazy Lamp Lady also networks with other resellers to get leads on estate cleanouts. She isn’t afraid to make offers on large wholesale lots. With her expert eye, she can sort through and determine an item’s value.
Crazy Lamp Lady’s Tips for Finding Treasures
- Search thoroughly – even in unlikely places.
- Inspect items closely. Look for manufacturer marks, signatures, or minor damages that affect value.
- Haggle respectfully with sellers if you spot cracked glassware or tarnished silver. Point out flaws to negotiate a better price.
- Research sold prices ahead of time so you know which brands and items to look for.
- Set a daily spending budget so you don’t overpay. Stick to items you’re confident you can resell at a profit.
- Take risks on unusual items outside your comfort zone. Some of Crazy Lamp Lady’s biggest scores have been random rare finds.
How Crazy Lamp Lady Produces YouTube Content
YouTube is the main platform where Crazy Lamp Lady engages with her thriving community of subscribers. She uploads 2-3 videos per week, balancing thrift hauls, reselling tips, and lifestyle vlogs.
Her videos follow a similar structured format:
- Catchy Titles – Uses keywords related to the video topic, like “My Best Thrift Haul Yet!” or “How to Spot Valuable Pottery at Thrift Stores.”
- Relatable Openings – Gives a brief personal update or funny thrifting anecdote to connect with viewers.
- Haul Reveal – Shows off her finds while assessing and looking up their value. Provides education and entertainment.
- Production Quality – Invests in professional lighting, camera, tripod, and microphone for an aesthetically pleasing video style.
- Clear Call-to-Actions – Reminds viewers to like, subscribe, and share. Engage them to comment on their thoughts.
Occasional videos highlight her eBay selling process, including how she photographs, lists, packages, and ships orders. She also does Q&As, collabs with other YouTubers, and brings viewers along for thrifting adventures across the country.
Crazy Lamp Lady attributes her loyal fanbase to consistently creating videos that are fun, genuine, informative, and uplifting. She has monetized her channel through ads, sponsorships, merch, and eBay affiliate commissions.
Why Crazy Lamp Lady Loves Reselling
For Crazy Lamp Lady, reselling is far more than just earning an income. Here are some of the reasons she is so passionate about Thrifting:
- Thrill of the Treasure Hunt – She loves touring thrift stores and digging through piles to uncover hidden gems. That rush of excitement when she scores an amazing find is priceless.
- Continuous Learning – Researching and valuing items expands her knowledge. She’s always acquiring new skills.
- Creativity – Photographing, editing videos, designing listings, and packaging orders allows her to exercise her artistic side.
- Connections – She’s built a community that shares her passion. Interacting with subscribers and other resellers is rewarding.
- Flexibility – As an entrepreneur, she enjoys the freedom of being her boss. She can work flexible hours around family time.
- Environmental Benefits – By sourcing and reselling used goods, she keeps items from ending up in landfills.
- Giving Back – A portion of Crazy Lamp Lady’s proceeds go towards charity. Reselling allows her to donate more.
Crazy Lamp Lady finds purpose in turning trash into treasure. She wants to inspire others to be thrifty, make money, and have fun while doing it!
How to Start Your Own Thrifting Business on eBay
If Crazy Lamp Lady’s success inspires you and want to launch your own eBay thrifting business, here is a step-by-step guide to get started:
Set Up Your eBay Seller Account.
- Sign up for an eBay account. Make sure to use an appropriate, professional username.
- Consider registering as an eBay business seller to access more features and selling limits.
- Read eBay’s policies and get familiar with the fee structure. Listings are free, but eBay takes 10% of the final sale price.
Source Quality Inventory
- Start visiting thrift stores, garage sales, auctions, etc., to find items you can resell at a profit.
- Refer to the sourcing tips provided earlier from Crazy Lamp Lady.
- Focus on smalls to start (e.g. decor, glassware, jewellery) rather than bulky furniture.
- Inspect items closely and research prices before purchasing anything.
Create Appealing Listings
- Write titles and descriptions that effectively showcase the item’s unique details, condition, and value.
- Take clear, well-lit photos on a plain background. Show any flaws.
- Do keyword research to optimize your listings for search visibility.
- Provide measurements, model numbers, defects, or other specs.
Price Items Competitively
- Check eBay sold listings to gauge market value and demand. Price on the lower end.
- Factor in fees, shipping costs, and supplies needed when pricing. Aim for at least a 30% profit margin.
- Offer Best Offer option to allow room for negotiations.
Ship Orders Quickly and Safely
- Pack items securely using bubble wrap, tissue paper, etc. Prevent damage.
- Ship within 1 business day using the cheapest carrier with tracking.
- Provide the tracking number to the buyer and upload it to eBay.
- Insure valuable items in case of loss/damage claims.
Following these steps, you’ll gain positive feedback and be on your way to eBay selling success like Crazy Lamp Lady! Let the thrifting treasures and extra income begin.
With a bit of grit and some hustle, you, too, can turn Thrifting into a side income like Crazy Lamp Lady. Let her story inspire you to start sourcing hidden gems and putting them up for auction on eBay.
One day, your thrifting adventures will lead to finding a rare antique that makes you thousands! But even small, consistent sales add up over time.
Stay driven, keep your hunting skills sharp, and don’t get discouraged by slow startups. With the right passion and dedication, your very own eBay thrifting empire awaits. Ready, set, thrift!